Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Battletech: Battleforce Test Run Preparation

 



                                            


After playing or being interested in Battletech for over thirty years...yes bought my first book in 1990, I am going to try out Battleforce in its latest form (35006VB).  I have two of of these books because they changed the cover and I thought it was an update.  Stupid me.  Anyways, although I did bring the mini mechs with me, I decided to use the BF counters.  Note to others interested in getting in on BF counters, there are three good ways to get these, 1) From the Catalyst pack sold online, 2) Online there are some vendors who produce factional colored tokens and then last 3) on the Battletech bg.battletech.com site there are some homebrew factional and mercenary tokens you can print out. I used this last technique in 2011 while deployed and produced a crazy amount of tokens I have never used.  

I will say the counter pack by Catalyst is more than enough, maybe buy two for very large engagements.  I bought four...and that too much.  A lot of specialty units are not included, maybe they will produce one eventually.  Or produce a program to custom make your tokens and then order them as token punch out chits.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...