Friday, March 15, 2013

Im back...what next




Ok, so once again I have proved that school and gaming just do not mix.  I have however, not been idle with my time.  I have quite a few opportunities coming up in the next two months so I intend on making the most of it.

First, I have, for better or worse, started into a new game, ..or rather an old game:  Warzone.







Although similar to WH40K, it seems to have more in common with VOR than 40K.  The setting is cool, he minis hard to find, but I got my hands on some, specifically Capitol, Bauhaus and Mishima.  These three armies can be easily used in some other settings and games as well, so I didn't see to much to worry about.
So now I ave a wide variety of Scifi troops with which to duke it out.  (AT43, Battletech Battletroops, Peter Pig Troopers, Starship Troopers, VOR, 40K Marines, Random assortment of Ral Parha Scifi figs not to mention a slew of various alien warbands).  So in trying to put these forces together and utilize them I have developing a plot to support a plan.
       I started on the idea of using the background from the book Jannisaries which describes how a 1960s era mercenary platoon is transported to a remote planet to join tribes of other humans from various cultures and histories.  So they fight Romans, Samurai, etc. with their weapons until the ammo runs out...   This could be interesting or too easy.

      So I think I will use a more SciFi -ish storyline.  The idea of mega corporations in Warzone is attractive as it could be melded with Jovian Chronicles very easily because it has a similar concept where each planet in the Sol System is occupied by a specific force.  So, I think that combining JC and Warzone might be the best haul.  Maybe an earlier war in the JC timeline so I can leave out the mecha (more complicated to deal with in skirmish battles), but then I could do boarding actions quite easily I think.  Hhhmmm....anyways, still debating.  Any recommendations, I would love to here then...that is if anyone reads this....

Next, With Jovian Chronicles I have resolved to get the fleet up and running.  I have a pretty large collection of ships and hey are going to go out to a painter...soon...I hope.  Thes along with my Aerotech ships and Firestorm Armada ships should be a large pool from which to pull ships and fighters.  Plan on using Star Navy rule set from THW.  Haven't tried them yet, but they look very adaptable.  But at the same time, I think a VBAM game to cover the campaign at the strat level using the JC VBAM system would be good.  Then for Tactical engagements I choose to play out I use Star Navy for fleet actions and Star Army for ground and boarding actions. Boy....this is looking confusing....  Well thats life in my SciFi world! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...